The summer is approaching and on my blog stats I’ve noticed how my posts on 7-minutes-workout and bodyweight exercises that helped me lost weight and get in a better shape are simply booming :)
So I think it will be a good time to remind those who are looking for a new diet, intensive workouts at home or simply just a motivation – everything is possible if you believe in yourself! 10-15 minutes of intense bodyweight workout at home even without any equipment, big changes in your meals and a positive mindset are all you need to START changing. Here are some short advice I can give you:
- Be consistent in your choices and exercises to see results
- Don’t create excuses, look for strength inside of you to exercise
- Don’t give up if you’ve a had a little set back – every day is a new opportunity to start changing
- Read the description – check if that one “healthy” granola bar has more sugar than you should consume per week
- It doesn’t matter how long are your trainings, as long as they are regular and intense
- When your muscles burn – that’s when it’s working
- Eat clean, drink lots of water and exercise
- Don’t create restrictions, don’t starve yourself, treat yourself to some of your favourite sweets sometimes, but make sure that’s a treat, not a daily habit
- Don’t blame people or circumstances – you are responsible for your body and choices
- Little exercise is much better than no exercise at all. Remember that and feel proud of yourself even after 15 min of intense training
- Don’t drink sweet cocktails and liquors, drink a glass of dry wine instead
- Every food or drink that is too sweet, bubbly and has an artificial color has a lot of chemicals in it
- Eat regularly and eat breakfast to boost your metabolism
- Eat more meat and vegetables and less carbs
Please check the Fitness motivation section for some more posts.
It has been a couple of weeks since I’ve written about my favourite exercises that helped me to get in shape.
Yes, we just love those squats and all the hassle-free muscle training they are providing, but once in a while everybody wants to play a bit with their routines and add new easy-to-do-at-home exercises that isolate glutes and give them a good training.
This week it’s a hip bridge, hip raise or butt lift!
With just a mat or a carpet on the floor you are able to easily train your glutes muscles at home! No equipment required :)
It has been a long week and I feel bad to say I forgot about my home workouts for the whole week. We were moving to a new flat and I simply didn’t have time or energy to exercise due to all the cleaning, moving furniture, grocery shopping, furniture shopping, home appliances shopping etc. But I think I burnt some good calories this week anyway. Let me tell you that because for 3 previous months I kept doing my exercises daily and eating healthy, this week of a setback didn’t really show on my body.
Now, in a new home and in the beginning of a new week, I’m back to my daily routine and this week’s favourite exercise is S-Q-U-A-T-S. It used to be said that squats are mainly male exercise but gladly for us the sports fashion changed and now most of the training websites, videos and Instagram pages are flooded with motivational pictures of round sexy butts to motivate us and start doing squats :)
Lunges seem so easy to do at first, but.. killed my legs yesterday with Reverse Curtsy Lunges. What IS this exercise? 2 minutes without a break made me feel like I ran half an hour on a treadmill! I’m definitely adding them to my daily HIIT routine.
In the beginning of June I was looking for ways to incorporate sport and healthier choices into my life and I ran across an article about the high-intensity 7 minute workout that has been making its way through the world, with scientists saying this little time spent exercising can be just as effective as an hour of running. And I thought to myself – why not make an experiment? If I can’t commit to spending 7 minutes a day for exercises, what good can I say about myself? Simultaneously, I started reading about healthy diets for reducing body fat and boosting my metabolism.
Little exercise is much better than no exercise at all – every day is an opportunity to start changing
There comes a moment for most of us in life, when we decide we are not satisfied with what we see in the mirror and we can’t blame it anymore on our mother-nature. No matter how many kilo 5 or 25 you want to lose, no matter how unhealthy your lifestyle was yesterday, you can start changing today!
Two months ago I told myself that I want to be healthier and stronger! No more dieting, no more restricting meal plans that only make you feel miserable. No more blaming myself. I needed a rational way to incorporate healthier choices and sport in my life. Former professional tennis player, I dropped sport long time ago. Then there were my weak attempts to start doing yoga at a nearest yoga studio, then I bought a 1-year fitness club subscription but only went there 10 or 15 times. There always was an explanation: too far, too expensive, too cold in the swimming pool, not clean enough, I’m too tired after work, no I can’t go to gym at 7 am before work, oh, I lost 3 kilo this month and have my perfect weight so why would I go to the gym, I don’t have time, I don’t have time, I don’t have time for it. I would always look at pictures of fit women and think – well, she has a good metabolism, genetics, too much free time or any other empty excuses. This year I made myself change. First the change happened in my head, then in my body. Continue reading