In terms of income and prices Turkiye may not be an easy country to live in. So let’s talk about utilities’ winter prices some other time… But as every corner of the world has its perks, it can’t be denied that the supply of fresh fruits and vegetables available almost all year round, sold weekly on the nearest market at a very, very reasonable prices is the BEST thing ever :)
Broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, spinach, mushrooms, fresh greens, and whatever else you may desire! Blast of vitamins, colours and natural flavours.
One of my favourite snacks or side dishes is roasted broccoli and carrots. This is a very versatile recipe, so you can adapt it to your liking.
At the end of April I have reengaged in my weekly workouts at home. I do not focus on HIIT anymore. Last year a combination of 7-min bodyweight workouts and a drastic change in my eating habits had helped me to lose around 10 kilos and ever since, I feel great.
Now I am more concentrated on toning my legs and glutes and hopefully building some muscle in the area. It is only the 3rd week of my new training (2-3 times per week, 25-30 minutes), but I feel how every week the same exercises and reps become easier to perform, so even though there’s no visual result yet, I can tell it is working.
The summer is approaching and on my blog stats I’ve noticed how my posts on 7-minutes-workout and bodyweight exercises that helped me lost weight and get in a better shape are simply booming :)
So I think it will be a good time to remind those who are looking for a new diet, intensive workouts at home or simply just a motivation – everything is possible if you believe in yourself! 10-15 minutes of intense bodyweight workout at home even without any equipment, big changes in your meals and a positive mindset are all you need to START changing. Here are some short advice I can give you:
- Be consistent in your choices and exercises to see results
- Don’t create excuses, look for strength inside of you to exercise
- Don’t give up if you’ve a had a little set back – every day is a new opportunity to start changing
- Read the description – check if that one “healthy” granola bar has more sugar than you should consume per week
- It doesn’t matter how long are your trainings, as long as they are regular and intense
- When your muscles burn – that’s when it’s working
- Eat clean, drink lots of water and exercise
- Don’t create restrictions, don’t starve yourself, treat yourself to some of your favourite sweets sometimes, but make sure that’s a treat, not a daily habit
- Don’t blame people or circumstances – you are responsible for your body and choices
- Little exercise is much better than no exercise at all. Remember that and feel proud of yourself even after 15 min of intense training
- Don’t drink sweet cocktails and liquors, drink a glass of dry wine instead
- Every food or drink that is too sweet, bubbly and has an artificial color has a lot of chemicals in it
- Eat regularly and eat breakfast to boost your metabolism
- Eat more meat and vegetables and less carbs
Please check the Fitness motivation section for some more posts.
So I lost some weight and got in shape. Great, isn’t it? Yes, except for these little annoying facts. If you can relate, drop me a comment :)
“Please, eat something”.
People have been telling me to eat more or trying to feed me with junk food for 5 months now. My explanations that I eat more or less healthy, that I eat whatever I want from time to time, that I eat a lot of proteins and have a good breakfast every day simply don’t work. My other explanation that good metabolism requires a lot of food, on a contrary from what people think, and that I’d rather have three meals during the day than having 3 plates of food for dinner and that I choose not to feel like a stuffed turkey don’t work too. One of my friend pointed out – the fact that I lost 10 kilo with just a little sport but mostly due to a big change in my eating habits make people uncomfortable! Because everybody knows – losing weight is difficult, so why should my example make them feel guilty for their laziness and lack of drive. I just need to eat more, go back to my old self and so the balance could be restored.
To start changing… you have to start changing! As easy as it gets. Old habits will not bring you to new results. Yes, there are things you’ll have to sacrifice – pastry, sugar, fried potatoes, alcohol… But the good news is you don’t have to forget about those forever! I LOVE CHOCOLATE! No, you don’t get it, I can exchange all of the food in the world for chocolate cookie or a piece of chocolate sponge cake, so believe me I know how to fight the urge to eat the whole box of chocolate cookies in one sitting, in the evening, in front of TV. And I LOVE french fries too. But I hate what it does to my body.
It will take at least 2 months for people around you to see the great change in you.
But it will take only 7-10 first days for YOU to start seeing it.
- Fried chicken, strawberries, tomatoes, rocket salad, sunflower seeds
Oat Bran Pancake with Pomegranate and Banana
If you’re on a diet or in the beginning of a weight-loss journey, you will probably puzzle yourself with what to eat for breakfast. Well, at least this is my everyday problem. Health nutritionists say breakfast is the most important meal of the day, powering us with energy to go through the day and helping lose weight in a long-run.
Hey, I have some news:
1. I am a little ashamed of my inconstancy – I changed my blog’s design again and I can’t be sure whether this time it would be for good :) But it looks very cute now!
2. I will be running a translated version on my recipes for my Russian-speaking crowd and hopefully for new audience. Exciting! The Russian Edition blog can be found at TastyTravelingRu. I will continue to cherish an idea of having enough time to combine the two under one name and create a multiblog one day :)
3. Today I want to share one of my favourite recipes – it’s Honey Granola and I’m sure you’ll love the simplicity and the taste of this recipe too.
Crunchy Honey Granola